SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#371443 - 09/01/13 09:43 PM New Yamaha "Tyros 5" due soon...
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi everyone,

On all arranger forums the musicians are voicing their excitement about the soon to be released new flagship from Yamaha replacing the Tyros 4. I would not be surprised if it includes audio as the S950 "tested" the waters for that technology.

I wonder what Ketron has up their sleeves... I think the next generation upgrade to the Audya is due by now and knowing Ketron, their new flagship would be something amazing & once again light years ahead of the competition...

I'm sure the best from Ketron is going to get even better soon!

All the best my friends,

Henni

#371580 - 09/04/13 02:45 AM Re: New Yamaha "Tyros 5" due soon... [Re: Henni]
leezone Offline

I'd love to believe Ketron would upgrade the Audya soon but...
I have a feeling the Audya will be "top" for a few more years to come...

#372192 - 09/21/13 02:12 AM Re: New Yamaha "Tyros 5" due soon... [Re: Henni]
hakurup Offline

And the new tyros will break the banks of all aspiring musicians violin

#372257 - 09/22/13 10:19 PM Re: New Yamaha "Tyros 5" due soon... [Re: hakurup]
Henni Offline

Hi my friend,

Sorry to say, but so does the Audya. You do not want to know just how much my 2nd hand Audya with all the upgrades has cost me to date. Yes, I'm well pleased with the results, but it did not come cheap.

All the best,

Henni

#372264 - 09/23/13 02:52 AM Re: New Yamaha "Tyros 5" due soon... [Re: Henni]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Loc: Hellas, Creta, Iraklion
Hi my friends....
I think Ketron working in a new model (like Audya) but it not be released soon ...
I think after two years....
It is my opinion....

Edited by Sokratis 1974 (09/23/13 02:53 AM)

#372342 - 09/25/13 09:09 PM Re: New Yamaha "Tyros 5" due soon... [Re: Sokratis 1974]
Henni Offline

Hi Sokratis,

This is good news. I'm really looking forward to it as I will most definitely buy it as soon as it becomes available. Apart from some minor things & the overall weight, I am still well pleased with my Audya.

Kind regards my friend,

Henni

#372570 - 10/03/13 01:51 AM Re: New Yamaha "Tyros 5" due soon... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

So,

It seems like the new Yamaha Tyros 5 will also use audio, maybe same as the Audya.

Hopefully Ketron will come up with something new and refreshing once again? It's been five years already...

All the best,

Henni

#372707 - 10/06/13 03:29 PM Re: New Yamaha "Tyros 5" due soon... [Re: Henni]
Sendberg Offline

Loc: Germany
This Week, Ketron bring a new Midjay with touchscreen and possability to show videos on screen or VGA (Beamer)

Greetings from Germany

Ketron always does the first step......

#372758 - 10/08/13 04:46 AM Re: New Yamaha "Tyros 5" due soon... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi all,

I am seriously into style modelling lately. I found some extremely good Roland styles that I've converted for my Audya. I thought the results were awesome.

Next, I started browsing onboard audio parts into many sections of those styles. The results are amazing!!! Plus AJ added many, many more sections to choose from for style modelling.

This is by far the best feature of the Audya. For those of you that owns Audyas, try this simple little experiment:

Choose any onboard audio style. Go to your Groove channel in style edit mode. Click on it twice. Now leave the original drums as is, and whilst playing the style, scroll through & listen to the different grooves by adding some congas, marcas, brushes, kicks, hi-hats etc. Be sure to adjust the volume level of the groove channel to suit. Assign different grooves to different variations. Those grooves come with some amazing fills and all sorts of pre-programmed variations. When done, save the new style using a different name.

Just this insignificant change will amaze you, I guarantee. I hardly use any style as is any more & we've received many complements on the added grooves for the drums. AJ should really get his video about style modelling out. I doubt if the Tyros 5 would offer much I do not aleady have on my 5 year old Ajamsonic Audya.

All the best mates,

Henni

#372759 - 10/08/13 04:54 AM Re: New Yamaha "Tyros 5" due soon... [Re: Henni]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Thanks for the tip, Henni . I will try it.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online